Realistic War Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic-War's war-forum. Feel free to post in any section. Do not post unsuitable things.

+2
Gail aka Gangrel
Adam Sandler
6 posters

Level reset

Adam Sandler

Level reset Empty Level reset

Post  Adam Sandler Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:54 am

I believe this OT is getting unbalanced. A level/skill reset is needed.

Reasons to reset:
    - This is a war OT. People are here to compare PvP skill and not levels.
    - Will make the fights more exciting. Levels will be more balanced and PvP skill will be more important.
    - At the moment, the highest leveled mages can run into a fight, cast 3 UEs and most likely kill even mages with mana shield.
    - Many people will enjoy a reset, maybe a few high levels won't like it because they are invincible now but if the server start fresh more people will start too.

Along with the level reset I would like to propose some changes on the server in order to balance the server even more.

Exp gain/death loss:
    - Exp stages to make level gain average at lv 50 but hard at lv 70 and impossible at lv 75.
    - Lower exp loss when dying. Let levels be balanced by a lower exp gain instead of a high exp loss.
    - No backpack/equipment loss upon death, or make aol never-ending. - Set a minimum level. If you go below level 45 you wouldn't drop lower and the exp stage would be extra high untill you get back to 50. Put the minimum magic level to the starting ml for new characters.

Take levels out of focus, give us something else to compare than levels:
    - You see yourself. You are a master sorcerer. You have X frags and Y deaths. Make this counter reset weekly to make it updated and to not bug the server.
    - Change highscore list to: Level, top fragger, most deaths, best frag/death ratio (frags minus debits to make it). Make this list reset lets say every month.
    - Add some kind of bank system where an amount of cash is added to your account for each frag. With this cash you can buy stuff like power bolt, burst arrow, soft boots refill and maybe even weapon upgrades for knights or some poi rewards.

Balance vocations more:
    - Make paladin armor only for paladins.
    - Give knights the possibility to upgrade their weapon more (giant sword > magic sword for example). Through quests or something else like mentioned above.
    - Pots sold at shop (not for free like runes and many other equipment)
    - Lower ml rate. Knights shouldn't be able to bot to ml 9 and no vocation should benefit from afk ml training.
    - Add machete (and make them cut tera walls, I could probably make a script for that)

Now I know you don't have the knowledge to fix all this (and neither do I) but maybe you could look around for a programmer to help you? And many of these ideas won't even require any knowledge at all, just some imagination while looking through the server files, I could help you with that if you want.

Thanks for reading, Alex aka Stan Darsh ingame.

Ps. If you decide to take my advice, don't delete all accounts. You can probably edit all characters at the same time in your database and simply change level to 50 and magic level to 40. If you can't do that then delete all characters and not all accounts.

Last edited by Adam Sandler on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:29 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Made some points clearer)
    Gail aka Gangrel
    Gail aka Gangrel

Level reset Empty Re: Level reset

Post  Gail aka Gangrel Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:03 pm

good idea, kinda like the old real-war.

however I dont agree on pots, paladin armor and upgrade weapons, those are for 8.x protocols, not oldish.
    however, anni and POI should give a knight some "decent" weapon"

furthermore, I believe nexoz could do all those things, like adding 2k to your balance when making a frag, and a frag counter behind the players name was because he used a 8.4 distro, and just disabled hotkeys + changed the .dat/.spr to make it oldskool. (and messing around with the spell system).

but, I agree, let there be a reset WITH exp stages.
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Gail aka Gangrel wrote:good idea, kinda like the old real-war.

however I dont agree on pots, paladin armor and upgrade weapons, those are for 8.x protocols, not oldish.
    however, anni and POI should give a knight some "decent" weapon"

furthermore, I believe nexoz could do all those things, like adding 2k to your balance when making a frag, and a frag counter behind the players name was because he used a 8.4 distro, and just disabled hotkeys + changed the .dat/.spr to make it oldskool. (and messing around with the spell system).

but, I agree, let there be a reset WITH exp stages.

1. With upgrading weapon I meant like giant sword > magic sword

2. Pots is because at the moment knights arent very useful. Making pots buyable at shops is needed in my opinion, but to prevent reckless spamming they should have a price and not 0 gp like runes and most equipment.

3. There is a frag counter on 36.hopto.org so its definately possible to do that on 7.6 too, the question is how easy it is to add.
    Gail aka Gangrel
    Gail aka Gangrel

Post  Gail aka Gangrel Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 pm

imo, the best weapons a knight should get is SCA/SOV/TH, since thats realistic, they already hit more then 1x, so I dont think its nice to have overpowered knights, but w,e.

and for the pots, I thought you meant pots as in potions lol, but sure, let them be buyable. machetes to.
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Gail aka Gangrel wrote:imo, the best weapons a knight should get is SCA/SOV/TH, since thats realistic, they already hit more then 1x, so I dont think its nice to have overpowered knights, but w,e.

and for the pots, I thought you meant pots as in potions lol, but sure, let them be buyable. machetes to.

Yeah but at the moment mages are the only thing thats worth playing since knights have so many things missing. And forgot about machetes Ill add that too.
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:22 pm

I will make a poll on the website about this. BE VOTING. I will post the link here later.
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Here you go http://realistic-war.no-ip.org/voting.php?id=4
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:00 pm

By the way, I forgot to add a few things that will make the resetted server even better (in my opinion of course).

- More time on rings. They are not rare in any way and the only difference between long and short time on rings is that you have to buy a backpack full of them instead of one or two. Maybe even make them unlimited? Only goes for time/energy/life ring and not might ring or anything like that.
    - (Like Zift mentioned) Remove hunting, you dont have to remove spawns but you can atleast make the exp gain very small from monsters so people wont bother doing it.
    - Make hunting spots like PoI dls and PoI quest accessed from somewhere in Thais. Will make fights more fair and not ruin every single PoI battle with people rushing out from teleport. In my opinion Poi DLs should be in a hole in thais and PoI quest could be at some teleport from some place in thais (or simply move the entire quest so you can walk to it without the first TP.
    Boom

Post  Boom Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Props. Awesome ideas, would bring a much needed breeze of fresh air to this server.
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:09 am

Boom wrote:Props. Awesome ideas, would bring a much needed breeze of fresh air to this server.

Good point how ever, the situation is very tie and it's up to all to get their votes counted.
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Realistic wrote:
    Boom wrote:Props. Awesome ideas, would bring a much needed breeze of fresh air to this server.

Good point how ever, the situation is very tie and it's up to all to get their votes counted.

Its not really a fair poll though since a big deal of the players would vote yes but they are too low level Sad there are people on level 40 still playing on their character instead of making a new one.

Maybe you can change the poll to "all accounts created before..." so people couldn't cheat by making new accounts but still the old players under level 55 can vote.
    Zift

Post  Zift Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:43 pm

dont make the knights too overpowered they are meant to be challenging Razz
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:10 pm

Zift wrote:dont make the knights too overpowered they are meant to be challenging Razz

"Make the knights overpowered"?

I won't change anything and by now, they are not overpowered. They hit slightly more than normal~ Nothing else ;b
    Blockar Allt

Post  Blockar Allt Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Adam Sandler wrote:
    - Lower ml rate. Knights shouldn't be able to bot to ml 9 and no vocation should benefit from afk ml training.
    - Add machete (and make them cut tera walls, I could probably make a script for that)

Ps. If you decide to take my advice, don't delete all accounts. You can probably edit all characters at the same time in your database and simply change level to 50 and magic level to 40. If you can't do that then delete all characters and not all accounts.

About that Knights BOTTing mlvl to 9! I pretty sure im the only knight on this server who accually have mlvl 9 as a knight. I didnt bot it. I did hunt demons with Exori. Then after like a week I had 35~% to go. Then I started to pg maglvl, without hunting. So that knights are botting mlvls to 9 is bullshit becouse im the only one.

And the time i spend here is 80% of hunting in poi so I wouldnt appricate a restet..
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Blockar Allt wrote:
    Adam Sandler wrote:

About that Knights BOTTing mlvl to 9! I pretty sure im the only knight on this server who accually have mlvl 9 as a knight. I didnt bot it. I did hunt demons with Exori. Then after like a week I had 35~% to go. Then I started to pg maglvl, without hunting. So that knights are botting mlvls to 9 is bullshit becouse im the only one.

And the time i spend here is 80% of hunting in poi so I wouldnt appricate a restet..

You are not the only knight with magic level 9, Brutality also have it and I think there is one more (or maybe I mixed him up with another guy magic walling) but I dont remember his name.

This is a fun server, if you don't think hunting was fun you should have done something else. You get even more exp from people so I dont understand why you hunt so much if its levels you care about.

I can understand if you dont make a new character if the server is resetted but I damned I will never understand why you spend so much time hunting on a war server.
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:37 pm

Adding some more to the 'proposal'

Levels:
    - To balance the lowered exp rate the starting level should be higher. Maybe 70 would make a good level? 50 is a little bit too low.
    Zift

Post  Zift Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:30 pm

i disagree. when i first started this server it was way funnier than it is now, as many have noticed, now i just go alone and ue/sd and die because i dont take it as serious as before.

a reset would defentily do it
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Nice to see you resetted the server but now there is a bunch of more problems to deal with.

1 Zalver 330
    2 Destrux 328
    3 Zeldio 307
    4 Xorobeat 199
    5 Javinna 199
    6 Ranilz 196
    7 Mono Blak 196
    8 Ranze 117
    9 Yetza 115
    10 Saujiro Wrath 115
    11 Delta Blaze 112
    12 Khalan 110

Some people abused some bug and got extreme levels and now they let others kill them.
    Gail aka Gangrel
    Gail aka Gangrel

Post  Gail aka Gangrel Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:19 pm

whahah thats funny

FAIL I love you
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:16 pm

what bugs? lmfao
    Adam Sandler

Post  Adam Sandler Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:49 am

Realistic wrote:what bugs? lmfao

No idea but either some hunted in poi too long or this "bug" has been around before the reset as well.

Anyways, isn't there a way to add exp stages for pvp exp?
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:41 am

I compiled it with the expstages, unless they aren't working.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:03 am