Realistic War Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic-War's war-forum. Feel free to post in any section. Do not post unsuitable things.

+3
Blockar Allt
Greloziom
Realistic
7 posters

Tutors ?

Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Tutors           ? Empty Tutors ?

Post  Realistic Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:12 am

Questions from the announcement:

#1 What do you think a player will need to deserve a tutor position?

#2 How will I pick a player to promote and how will I trust him?

To be apart of this "tutor-finding", please join this thread.
    Greloziom

Tutors           ? Empty Re: Tutors ?

Post  Greloziom Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Tutors? Here?

Pointless.
    Blockar Allt

Post  Blockar Allt Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:38 pm

I think Adam Sandler is a perfect example... I think you know what I mean realistic.^.^
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Blockar Allt wrote:I think Adam Sandler is a perfect example... I think you know what I mean realistic.^.^

No, I have no idea
    Realistic
    Realistic
    Global Moderator

Post  Realistic Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Greloziom wrote:Tutors? Here?

Pointless.

How come? I get about 5-10 complaints each day about aimboters. If then I had some staff that could help me "control" certain things, it would perhaps be less complaints?
    Blockar Allt

Post  Blockar Allt Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Blockar Allt wrote:I think Adam Sandler is a perfect example... I think you know what I mean realistic.^.^

Seems like he doesnt bot. Trustable reports. Doesnt lie. Cool guy^.-
    Greloziom

Post  Greloziom Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Realistic wrote:

No, I have no idea

Well, not a tutors then. And yeah, I can help You with catchin botters <only vids as proofs>
    Gerberos

Post  Gerberos Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:32 pm

#1: Follow the rules, have a decent knowledge about the game and know how to stay calm
    #2: Follow how they behave on the forums and in-game to see if they are suitable for the position.
    Axero

Post  Axero Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:57 pm

I can see that im too late here but i whant to give it a try too.
    so...

1: The player shoud have good knowledge of the comand some knowledge of scripting and a small knowledge of mapping or hosting.

2: I woud talk to the player to see why he whant to bee a tutor. and then see how good he is with the pressure that is created when all players are asking for help at the same time.
    Galne Gunnar

Post  Galne Gunnar Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:50 pm

This person should be:

1. Active

2. Good at english, preferrably speaking another language besides english

3. Needless to say, free of cheating

4. Neutral, as in not abusing his position to get his team/friends advantages

5. Able to handle frustration, as in not report the guy who repeatedly kills him because he's soooo convinced about the fact that no one can ever kill him without cheats

6. Able to see the difference between a "botter" and an actual botter, as in able to detect cheating and separate this from actual skill

Good luck finding this person, there is none.
    Peder

Post  Peder Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Pointless.

He is kinda right, why would you need tutors, this server is filled with cheaters, and corrupt GM..
    Gerberos

Post  Gerberos Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Peder wrote:

Pointless.

He is kinda right, why would you need tutors, this server is filled with cheaters, and corrupt GM..
    This is just a wild guess but it might be that tutors are needed in case someone needs help.
    Peder

Post  Peder Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Gerberos wrote:
    Peder wrote:

Pointless.

This is just a wild guess but it might be that tutors are needed in case someone needs help.

And what help would you need on a War OT? Like help killing others or?
    Gerberos

Post  Gerberos Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Peder wrote:
    Gerberos wrote:
    Peder wrote:

Pointless.

And what help would you need on a War OT? Like help killing others or?

Help with the server's functions maybe? It looks like you have understood the tutor position a little bit wrong. Tutors don't give you free items, help with quests, hold your items etc.
    Peder

Post  Peder Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Are you fucking retarded? I was fucking IRONIC? Ofcourse I know tutors doesnt give Items and such, but server functions? What can a tutor on this server do that a normal player can't, except typing in the fucking help channel with a gayish red text that doesnt give a shit since like noone have the channel open, and if they do, what is the diffrent from getting an answer in yellow text instead of a gayass red faggot text??

My conclusion: Having Tutor positions on a WAR server is just gay, since it only makes noobs happier since they can now type with red text in the Not So Used Help Channel, well congratulations if you get an tutor position you can now type in red, it's like giving crayola to a fucking kid, now he feels special because he have his own colour.. LMAO irl
    Gerberos

Post  Gerberos Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:27 pm

Peder wrote:Are you fucking retarded? I was fucking IRONIC? Ofcourse I know tutors doesnt give Items and such, but server functions? What can a tutor on this server do that a normal player can't, except typing in the fucking help channel with a gayish red text that doesnt give a shit since like noone have the channel open, and if they do, what is the diffrent from getting an answer in yellow text instead of a gayass red faggot text??

My conclusion: Having Tutor positions on a WAR server is just gay, since it only makes noobs happier since they can now type with red text in the Not So Used Help Channel, well congratulations if you get an tutor position you can now type in red, it's like giving crayola to a fucking kid, now he feels special because he have his own colour.. LMAO irl

The players that need help will of course have the help channel open, now if you want to continue this do it by PM's.
    Peder

Post  Peder Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:32 pm

Gerberos wrote:The players that need help will of course have the help channel open, now if you want to continue this do it by PM's.

Still you don't need Tutor position to help another player through Help Channel..
    Galne Gunnar

Post  Galne Gunnar Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:03 am

Well what is there that anyone could possibly need help with? It's a PVP server, just point out where to buy runes (in case anyone actually accomplishes the slightly impossible achievement of failing to find this out on their own) and all the general information in the server info at otserv.org and you won't even need a tutor.
    Peder

Post  Peder Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 am

Galne Gunnar wrote:Well what is there that anyone could possibly need help with? It's a PVP server, just point out where to buy runes (in case anyone actually accomplishes the slightly impossible achievement of failing to find this out on their own) and all the general information in the server info at otserv.org and you won't even need a tutor.

Thank you, atleast someone with a brain that works correctly! cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 pm